Monday, January 10, 2011

Video Treatment


The Topic: For my project I will be focusing on Feminism by attempting to clarify many myths regarding common stereotypes of feminists and their beliefs. Although I’m fairly new to this topic, I find it very interesting and hope to learn much more about it while researching for my project.

The Story: For my video I plan to create a movie with still images and music. I want to touch on various aspect of feminism including inequality in the workplace, gender differences, rape, negative stereotypes, etc. I also want to show ways that young women can support feminism.

Software: I will be using iMovie to make my video. My level of experience with this program is zero…but I just started playing around with it and hope I’ll be able to figure it out!

Research: To research for this project I plan on watching Michael Kimmel’s video again because I learned so much about feminism the first time I watched it. Additionally, there were several other videos about feminism, especially about stereotypes that we’ve watched in the past week, which I plan to refer back to. I will also use the internet to help compile information. I will make this an educational program by raising awareness of how young girls can participate in supporting feminism.

Timeline:
Tuesday- I plan to research and gather information that I will use in my video as well as focus on aspects of feminism that are most important for high school girls. I will also begin playing around with all the different options for my video, just to gain some experience with the program.

Wednesday- I will research additional information if needed and begin an outline for my video.

Thursday&Friday- I will begin making my video.

Saturday&Sunday- I will finalize my video and upload it to youtube and begin my process piece.

Monday- I will complete my process piece and post it before 11pm

Take away message: I want to reach out to young girls by making them aware of feminism as well as eliminating any previous negative stereotypes they may have and educate them on why feminism is important as well as how they can individually get involved. I think this is really important because I don’t feel like I was exposed to feminism in my classes throughout high school.

2 comments:

  1. Great! I think you will find the xtranormal site easy to use, and it is a fun way to share a message. I look forward to viewing your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just started playing with iMovie and am liking it more...I'm going to edit my video treatment because I think I can produce a more powerful message doing a video with iMovie!

    ReplyDelete